This is book six in the series. Book one – Introduction – explains the theory and practice of perennial meadow gardening, the five other books in the series contain planting schemes for a wide range of different settings and growing conditions. See details of the series here.
Perennial meadows can create stunning garden features in one of the most challenging garden habitats. Shade comes in many guises; when the soil is moist the opportunities are many, but even when the ground is very dry there are still some exciting possibilities to explore. This final book in the series will surprise you with its scope. Shade tolerant grasses and hardy ferns feature in many of the ten exciting schemes featured.
All planting schemes consist of:
- an introduction to the scheme highlighting its theme and suggesting where it will fit best into your garden.
- quantities and spacing of each of the five theme plants used.
- suggestions for complementary plants to add to the scheme.
- a discussion of the plants used and how they combine to make a long lasting garden display.
- details on each of the theme plants, recommendations for the best cultivars and an indication of their potential growing height and spread.
With 10 illustrated planting schemes this 82 page eBook in PDF format represents incredible value at only 4.99 Euros.
Download some sample pages from Shady Perennial Meadows here.