Design & Plant provides garden design education at irresistible prices.
This is book two in the series. Book one – Introduction – explains the theory and practice of perennial meadow gardening, the five other books in the series contain planting schemes for a wide range of different settings and growing conditions. See details of the series here.
Naturalistic gardens are sometimes referred to as prairie planting schemes as the North American prairies have regularly served as the inspiration for this contemporary style of gardening. Also many of the most exciting and colorful perennials we grow come from these once extensive grasslands.
The schemes presented in this second book in the series use many well loved American perennials together with a wide range of ornamental grasses to create dynamic planting ideas for wide-open sunny locations in our gardens and landscapes.
This is where the prairie grasses, the asters and the golden rudbeckias will be found to fill your horizons.
All planting schemes consist of:
- an introduction to the scheme highlighting its theme and suggesting where it will fit best into your garden.
- quantities and spacing of each of the five theme plants used.
- suggestions for complementary plants to add to the scheme.
- a discussion of the plants used and how they combine to make a long lasting garden display.
- details on each of the theme plants, recommendations for the best cultivars and an indication of their potential growing height and spread.
With 7 illustrated planting schemes this 74 page eBook in PDF format represents incredible value at only 4.99 Euros
Download some sample pages from Prairie Perennial Meadows here.